Sunday, December 14, 2014

A spending update

Man, blogging is hard. I should probably try to post more than once a week, huh? I'll just have to come up with some interesting things to post about.

This week, I get again failed at some of my goals, but yet again, that's okay. I did a little better than last week, but let's take a look at where exactly I left things:


  • Well, I didn't drink two liters of water daily, but it did come closer than last week. Not exactly a win, but I'll take it.
  • I also didn't finish all my shopping (I know, that's bad) but I'm closer. I'm baking with my brother, so for him I'm buying groceries and I'll do that when I get to PA so I don't have to schlep everything with me. I haven't started my Dad's hat, but I at least found a pattern that won't take too long to make. I need to pay for Ruben's passport, but that can't really happen until he fills out the application. I guess what I'm saying is, I bought one present this week, for my sister, and made mediocre progress on everything else.
  • Eating out actually was pretty successful this week. I went out for drinks twice instead of once, but the total amount I spent was under $30 for both, which was what I had planned to spend at once. Not technically a success, but not bad.
  • Finally, I succeeded in keeping my grocery budget down by working with things I have on hand, and really only buying things that were on sale for future use - pasta, oatmeal, flour.

So, a better job than last week to be sure. This week is going to be a challenge, though. I have plans to go out almost every night, and I'm traveling this weekend to visit friends, so there will be a bit of spending there too. Because of that, I'm going to try to be a bit more flexible with my goals. So:

  • Spend less than $80 in CT, including gas money for the friend driving me, and whatever my share of groceries, wine, and entertainment for the weekend comes to. I'll probably take this out in cash to be sure I stick to it.
  • Less than $30 on food and drinks out during the week. I don't know yet (and have no control over) where we're going for any of my plans this week, so hopefully that will work...
  • Drink two liters of water daily. I think this is the first of many weeks that I really make that happen.
  • Make my dad's hat
  • Post 3 times on the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment