Monday, December 8, 2014

How I did this week

My goals this week were to not spend money on eating out or drinking, and to drink 2 liters of water every day. I did... Okay. Well, if you consider failing all three to be okay. To be fair, drinking water is my goal every single week, and I have yet to achieve it for a full week straight. Maybe this week will be the one...

I came very close to not spending any money on food out this week, but yesterday I needed second breakfast after my run, and the yogurt I had at my office was long expired so I ended up buying a bagel. So, I spent $2.77 (wow, that's a lot for a bagel with cream cheese) and didn't spend the morning feeling miserable and cranky. This weekend, I'll pick up more yogurts so I can avoid that outcome in the next couple of weeks.

I also ended up going out for drinks on Thursday night with a friend I dint see very often. I spent more than I should have, putting down $25 for two cocktails, but I at least had the foresight to eat dinner at the office. We went to a pretty pricey spot, so dinner easily would have doubled what I paid. That said, I could have been just fine with water, or drinking beer instead of cocktails, and really cut down my costs.

Other unexpected expenditures this week: I signed up for a race in February, running me about $35, and I bought a few impulse kitchen items on Amazon. I am making a lot of cookies as gifts, and decided that I should have more sheets and cooling racks so I can be a bit more efficient. Necessary? Absolutely not. Foolish? Probably. Will I enjoy and use them? Definitely.

In all, not a bad week.

Goals for the coming week are:

  • Finish Christmas shopping - still need to get gifts for my sister, brother, and boyfriend. And make my dad's gift.
  • Drink 2 liters of water daily
  • Only one day with money spent on food/drinks out (planned for Friday)
  • Keep grocery costs under $50 - last week was a bit pricey, picking up a lot of ingredients for a lot of cookies. Let's rein it back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment